England will host India in three one-dayers next year in the lead-up to the ICC Champions Trophy.
As many as 10 decisions by rookie West Indian umpire Joel Wilson and Pakistan's Aleem Dar were overturned by the Decision Review System during last week's Edgbaston Test. There were at least five more errors that went unreviewed.
The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said in a statement on Tuesday that the players will be required to attend a panel hearing of the independent Cricket Discipline Commission in London on December 5 and 7.
Kent have defended the decision to sign Australian bowler Stuart Clark for the run-up to the Ashes series after criticism from English cricket's chief that the move may help their age-old rivals. Kent announced on Tuesday they had signed the 33-year-old seamer until June as he recovers from the elbow injury which has kept him out of Australia's tour of South Africa.
Left-arm spinner Samit Patel has been dropped from England's one-day squad in West Indies because he is not fit enough. The 24-year-old last played for his country in a one-dayer against India in November and has since failed two fitness assessments.
The second match of the four-game series was postponed on Tuesday when four more UAE players tested positive for the novel coronavirus, taking the total to seven COVID-19 cases.
Batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar's suggestion of splitting the ODIs into two equal halves of 25 overs each, is to be implemented not by the BCCI but by its English counterpart ECB.
England will play three Tests against Pakistan in the United Arab Emirates in October and November this year, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said on Thursday.
The chairman of the England and Wales Cricket Board, Giles Clarke will face four weeks in the high court after trial dates were announced for the libel writs brought against him by suspended IPL commissioner Lalit Modi and global sports marketing and consulting firm International Management Group (IMG).
Off-spinner Graeme Swann is returning home from India to spend time with his sick daughter, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said on Wednesday.
England cricket captain Andrew Strauss said on Tuesday he trusts players who intend to compete in the lucrative Indian Premier League to remain committed to playing for England as their main priority.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India has written to the five associations who are to stage Test matches between India and England whether they will be able to undertake the expenses of hosting them "as a precautionary measure," BCCI sources said on Wednesday.
England hosted West Indies, Ireland, Pakistan and Australia after cricket's restart in July, with the teams restricted to bio-secure environments in Manchester and Southampton.
Test match cricket faces a bleak future with the sport's administrators failing to control the 'runaway weed' of the hugely popular Twenty20 format, former West Indies pace bowler Michael Holding said.
England are to fly to Abu Dhabi on Thursday before travelling to India to resume the tour they aborted after last week's militant attacks in Mumbai. The senior squad, along with nine members of the England Performance Squad, will practice in Abu Dhabi before travelling on to India next week subject to the implementation of security recommendations.
Former England captain Geoff Boycott hit out at the ECB, saying it is "monstrous" even to be thinking of sending players back to the terror-stricken subcontinent and demanded the International Cricket Council's intervention to stop the two-Test series between India and England.
Mohali has emerged as a front-runner to host one of the two cricket Tests instead of Ahmedabad as top BCCI and England and Wales Cricket Board officials were engaged in discussions to take a final decision on England's return to play the series.
England's cricket team could decide by Monday if they will return to India for two scheduled Test matches following this week's attacks in Mumbai that killed nearly 200 people. Morris said a security report would be compiled within the next 48 hours and that fringe players are ready if required to replace any team members not wishing to return to India.
England captain Kevin Pietersen has made it clear that his side will not return to India for next month's cricket Test series unless their safety is guaranteed.
PCB director of operations Saleem Altaf said he would ask the England and Wales Cricket Board for neutral umpires for the series.
India's cricketers, currently on a break in the UK ahead of the five-match Test series against England, will be given their second dose of COVID-19 vaccines on July 7 and 9.
CA, the ECB and Australian authorities had been negotiating for many months over the touring conditions in a country where international arrivals have to isolate in quarantine hotels for 14 days, regardless of COVID-19 vaccination status.
'This will be the first time since 2005 that an England team has toured Pakistan and as such it represents a significant moment for both nations.'
Cricket South Africa president Chris Nenzani denied reports that his Board has reached an agreement with the BCCI on the controversial ICC revamp proposals in lieu of reinstatement of their CEO Haroon Lorgat into mainstream administration.
England spinner Graeme Swann will be rested for the remaining one-day internationals against South Africa, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said on Wednesday.
Robinson withdrew himself from selection for his county side Sussex for the T20 games.
Durham pacer Graham Onions will replace injured seamer Chris Woakes in the England squad for the last two ODIs and the one-off Twenty20 against India, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) has stated.
More than 26,000 tickets for the five Tests will go on general sale from Wednesday.
The two countries felt it will not be possible to reschedule the Tests that were postponed during last year's tour.
England all-rounder Andrew Flintoff has sustained a minor deep vein thrombosis in his right calf after undergoing knee surgery, the England and Wales Cricket Board said on Sunday.
With the coronavirus outbreak forcing a cricket shutdown across the world, there is speculation that the sport might initially return without fans. The global health crisis has forced England and Wales Cricket Board to suspend all professional sport till July 1 in the country and also put in doubt the upcoming T20 World Cup in Australia. Buttler said he is hoping for some form of cricket to return this year.
England will play three-Test series against West Indies and South Africa next year separated by a five-match One-day series against Australia, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said on Wednesday.
England have recalled batsman Kevin Pietersen and rested their senior fast bowler James Anderson for a four-week tour of India next month including five One-day internationals and a Twenty20 international.
The ninth Nawab of Pataudi, who breathed his last on Thursday, was educated in England and captained Oxford University and Sussex, besides playing for India in 46 Test matches between 1961 and 1975.
Steve Harmison and Stuart Broad have been recalled to the England team for the final Test against South Africa starting on Thursday at The Oval.
England will be begin their defence of the Ashes in Brisbane in November next year in the first Test of a five-match series, the England and Wales Cricket Board and Cricket Australia said on Wednesday.
England batsman Kevin Pietersen's recovery from an Achilles injury has been delayed due to a complication following surgery, the England and Wales Cricket Board said on Tuesday. The 29-year-old right-hander was ruled out of the remainder of the Ashes series following surgery after the second Test against Australia.
England batsman Eoin Morgan has been ruled out of the rest of the five-match One-day series against India after feeling 'acute pain' in a recurring shoulder injury.
Former India captain Anil Kumble is the latest to join the debate on the future of one-dayers and has suggested that the 50-over version be shortened to 40 overs a side to save it from extinction.
England all-rounder Tim Bresnan has been ruled out of Sunday's Twenty20 international against India with a strained shoulder, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said on Friday.